Monday, October 3, 2011

Flora & Fauna



Title-The Duck Ponds
October 1, 2011/about 6 p.m./The Nature Park
Fstop- f/8
SS-1/60 sec
Camera-Canon PowerShot A720 IS  
This was the last photo I took when I went shooting this past Saturday. The lighting was almost perfect because the duck swam right in the shadow of a tree instead of right in the sunlight. When editing this photo I tried to sharpen the image a little to bring out more of the detail, then I adjusted the lighting a bit. After that I added a border around the image and cropped it to bring out the dark a bit more within the image. The duck already had a natural silhouette so I really didn't need to do much on that part.




3. PROCESS: Detailed Paragraph about the process for each separate post;
Title-Squirrel
October 1, 2011/about 6 p.m./The Horticulture Gardens
Fstop-f/8
SS1/20 sec
Camera-Canon PowerShot A720 IS  
This picture was actually a bit difficult to edit. I had to zoom in quite a bit which made the picture look kind of grainy. I sharpened the image in Photoshop, then I selected the squirrel and focused on just bringing details of it out. After that I added a gaussian blur to the background and then turned down the opacity to give it a glow. I then went in with white and black to either bring out more blur or to tapper it off a little in other parts.




Title-Contrast
October 1, 2011/about 6 p.m./The Horticulture Gardens
Fstop-4.0
SS- 1/100 sec
Camera- Canon PowerShot A720 IS 
I first adjusted the lights and darks with this image to bring out the darks more and then the lights more for better contrast. I really liked how the yellow and purple played off of each other so when I went in to add a glow to the image I made sure to keep the purple flowers in focus a bit more. I sharpened the image to bring out the water drops on the peddles of the flower also and it seemed to work out pretty well.





Title-Autumn
October 1, 2011/about 6 p.m./The Horticulture Gardens
Fstopf/6.3
SS1/100 sec
Camera-Canon PowerShot A720 IS  
I think I spent more time editing this image than any other image. I added a smart filter to it and did Watercolor first. After adding that I then added a gaussian blur to the background and then went back in with black to keep the red leaves the same. After I was done selecting the leaves and making sure they were still sharp I then played with the Hue/Saturation to bring out the red in the leaves. Last, but not least, I cropped my favorite part of the image.



  


Title-Purple Flower
October 1, 2011/about 6 p.m./The Horticulture Gardens
Fstop-f/4.5
SS-1/200 sec
Camera-Canon PowerShot A720 IS
This one is probably my favorite out of all of them, simply because my favorite color is purple and the original photo came out so well right from the camera. When editing it, I knew that I wanted the purple flower to be the main focus and that I wanted the color of the purple to pop a bit more. So I selected just the purple flower, added a gaussian blur to the background, sharpened the flower more, then I played with the Hue/Saturation to bring out a brighter purple. The changes are subtle, but they  make the flower overall look like it stands out amongst the background.



1 comment:

  1. Your picture with the yellow and purple flowers is very well done. The arrangement of the yellow as the focus and the purple as kind of the second focus is very nice. The way you sharpened the yellow flower, and blurred the white flowers really draws your eyes to the yellow flower. I liked your purple flower picture as well; one thing I would suggest is to be careful with making the flower too sharp. But the background looks great, and so does the lighting.

    ReplyDelete