Monday, October 17, 2011

Portraits

Title: Side Composition
DTP: 10-15-11, 8:03 a.m., Sky Mountain Ranch
F-Stop: f/3.5
SS: 1/50 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

The sun was just barely coming up over the mountains for this picture. I really liked the simple background to help make her stand out more. The only thing that I didn't like was that even when I turned my Aperture down as far as I  could the background still wouldn't blur.
Title: Head & Shoulders
DTP: 10-15-11, 8:03 a.m., Sky Mountain Ranch
F-Stop: f/4.8
SS: 1/25 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

It's the same setting as the photo before, the only thing I did differently was change the Aperture a little and then zoom.
 Title: Full Body
DTP: 10-15-11, 8:04 a.m., Sky Mountain Ranch
F-Stop: f/3.2
SS: 1/100 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

I really loved the lighting on her when I got this shot. I got some before the sun came up over the mountains but I really liked the contrast of the lighting in the end. Nothing beats lighting in the early morning.
 Title: Activity
DTP: 10-16-11, 6:14 p.m., West 2nd South
F-Stop: f/3.5
SS: 1/13 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

I had these girls dress up after some Sunday showers in their dressy clothes and rain boots. I thought it would make for fun pictures on the streets with all of the puddles left over from the rain. I quickly snapped this shot when they were walking across the street and I really liked how the blur turned out. 
 Title: Pose
DTP: 10-16-11, 6:11 p.m., West 2nd South
F-Stop: f/3.2
SS: 1/25 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

All I did when I was posing these girls was try to make sure they were making a semi triangle shape. It turned out well and they all just naturally did their own thing so it didn't look too forced.
Title: Environment
DTP: 10-16-11, 6:45 p.m., Campus View Apartments
F-Stop: f/2.8
SS: 1/4 sec
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

I had to edit this photo in Camera RAW because when I took this photo it was very dark and I was losing daylight fast. All I did was bring back some of the light. I liked the angle of this photo when I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment