Friday, December 2, 2011

Contest: Abstract


Title: CAUTION
DTP: 9/24/2011, 5:43 pm, Taylor Quad Construction Site
F-Stop: f/3.5
SS: 1/1500 sec.
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

When I think contrast I think something that makes you think or have to look at it for more than just a glance. I chose this photo because I thought that it did just that. While editing this photo, it was a complete accident how the word Caution turned out in the end. When I flipped it I didn't expect it to be from right to left but still upside down. I thought that it looked really cool when that happened thought so I then adjusted the levels and sharped the overall image in Adobe Photoshop CS5. I then added a mask and deleted the middle so I could create a border around it. I thought that it gave the word Caution a little something to pop from.

I chose this contest for the Photographics Society because I thought that it would be interesting to see what I could come up with. From finding an interesting angle, to searching for the right objects, I had a lot of fun looking for things that I thought would be abstract. I think that the editing process really helped me out in this as well. This was submitted last Thursday November 24, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment